Task Analyze existing climate and ocean models to identify internal dependencies and the architecture. Subsequently, identify code which is not used (dead code).
Potential models to analyze:
- MITgcm, UVic (available)
- NEMO, ICON, ECHAM5/6 (future candidates)
- How to identify internal dependencies/discover the architecture?
- How to identify dead code in a model?
- How to identify pattern in code (bad smells, clones)?
- Static code analysis utilizing grammar and preprocessor stuff
- Kieker 4 C runtime architecture
- Joint visualization with new Kieker filters via dot and graphml