Type Master Thesis
Task Part of the OceanDSL project is to provide a DSL for biogeochemical models or parts of them. These models can be specified in various ways. Our goal is to provide a concise DSL that allows to create and extend such models. The key tasks in this thesis are:
- Analyze the domain to understand the how bio-geo-chemical models are researched and developed.
- Identify parts we can address with a new DSL.
- Design a DSL based on our technology stack, the stack of Dusk/Dawn or PSyclone, or a combination of those, depending on your findings.
- Dusk/Dawn https://github.com/MeteoSwiss-APN/dawn
- PSyclone https://psyclone.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
- Biogeochemical models
- Piwonski, J. and Slawig, T. (2016). Metos3D: the Marine Ecosystem Toolkit for Optimization and Simulation in 3-D – Part 1: Simulation Package v0.3.2. Geoscientific Model Development, 9:3729–3750
- Kriest, I., Khatiwala, S., and Oschlies, A. (2010). Towards an assessment of simple global marine biogeochemical models of different complexity. Progress In Oceanography, 86(3-4):337–360