Sprat Modeling Approach
The Sprat Approach provides a set of domain-specific languages (DSLs) for marine ecosystems . You may find further resources on Sprat at:
- The Sprat Deployment DSL is based on Ansible which is a deployment and continuous delivery language.
- The Sprat Ecosystem DSL is an external DSL implemented with XText. It allows to parameterize the ecosystem and supports values and expressions for this purpose.
- The Sprat PDE DSL is an internal DSL written in C++ to compose marine ecosystem simulations.
Other DSL Projects
Generator Composition Approach
The Generator Composition Approach (GECO) provides an approach to design and evolve code generators for DSLs [2,3]. It includes also guidelines how to construct and tailor DSLs to be able to construct and maintain generators efficiently.
- XText Java-based DSL framework with editor, code generator and template language.
- TextX Python-based DSL framework
- Antlr 4
- Arne Johanson and Wilhelm Hasselbring. 2018. Empirical Evaluation of a Domain-Specific Language for High-Performance Marine Ecosystem Simulation. In Software Engineering und Software Management 2018, 83–84.
- Reiner Jung. 2016. Generator-Composition for Aspect-Oriented Domain-Specific Languages. Department of Computer Science, Kiel University.
- Reiner Jung, Robert Heinrich, and Wilhelm Hasselbring. 2016. GECO: A Generator Composition Approach for Aspect-Oriented DSLs. In Theory and Practice of Model Transformations. Springer International Publishing, 141–156. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42064-6_10